Calling all members! We would like to hear from you!
Do you have an idea, a technology, an image, a story or an artistic expression that provides insight of long-term significance to our region or to our world? Would you like to discuss it with members of the Long Now Boston community?
FLASH TALK INVITATION – DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 11!!!
On May 6, 02019, Long Now Boston will be hosting an inaugural FLASH TALK FOR MEMBERS, starting at 7PM at the CIC Venture Café in Kendall Square. The event will be FREE and open to the public.
FLASH TALK proposals are due, by email to email@example.com, no later than Thursday April 11th! Proposals will be screened using the Guidelines below for qualification. Up to eight (8) will be selected for presentation on May 6. That night, the audience will be asked to vote for their favorite – the winning entry will be awarded a $100 prize. All selected presenters will receive 2 free admissions to Long Now Boston Conversation events in 02019.
FLASH TALK GUIDELINES:
- Contestants must be signed up at the Long Now Boston MeetUp Group or on the Long Now Boston website mailing list.
- Proposals must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on Thursday April 11th, 02019, and should contain the following:
- Name, email, phone, and a short bio (<100 words) indicating your occupation OR avocation.
- A FLASH TALK Title, and a one-paragraph summary (<200 words) of your proposed Talk, noting any references or sources.
- FLASH TALK concepts should be original, interesting and designed to provoke discussion on science, technology, society or culture with a very long term perspective, consistent with the aspiration of “striving to be good ancestors.”
- Proposals will be evaluated by members of the Long Now Boston Steering Committee, and the proposals selected for presentation on May 6th will be contacted by email by midnight Monday April 15th. . Contestants will be asked to give their permission for event promotion and for videotaping of their FLASH TALK.
- FLASH TALK presentations will be limited to no more than 3 slides and no more than 5 minutes. This will be strictly enforced. Q&A of up to 5 minutes will follow each presentation.
- Audience members will be asked to vote for their favorite presentation.
- All FLASH TALK participants will join the final panel conversation and Q&A, after which the winner will be announced.
- If you do not get an acknowledgement to your submission within 24 hours, please re-submit — we had a tech glitch.
Join the conversation and be part of the solution.
Cambridge Innovation Center is an in-kind sponsor of this Long Now Boston conversation. We are very grateful for their support